At D&D Tyres, we not only sell a range of new tyres, but we also offer a Puncture Repair Service. We understand that having a puncture can be an inconvenience so we aim to repair tyres whenever it is possible.
We can repair punctures on a range of different vehicles:
- Agricultural Vehicles
- Quad Bikes
- Wheel Barrows
- Lawn Mowers
As well as a standard repair, we also do a Vulcanized Repair. Vulcanized Repair is a heat treatment repair which allows us to repair the sidewall and shoulder of the tyre. ‘Bead Seal’, which is used to allow the tyre to sit on the rim more securely, commonly used to cure slow punctures, is another repair that we do. All car tyre repairs come fitted with a new valve and are re-balanced.
We also stock a wide range of replacement tubes.
Tyres must ALWAYS be checked thoroughly before being repaired. If the tyre displays any of the following, it should not be repaired:
- Illegal tread depth (below 1.6mm across the central ¾ of the tread throughout the entire circumference)
- Run flat damage – breakdown of the tyre’s structural integrity
- Secondary damage – caused by the injuring object
- Ageing/deterioration of the tyre’s rubber
- Bead damage
- Exposed cords
- Faulty/poor previous repairs