Like many vehicle components, brakes deteriorate over time. It happens gradually and many people do not even notice the difference.
At D&D Tyres we offer a free brake inspection that can determine when you will need to replace brake components. This begins with a thorough examination of the braking system and the condition of all its components. If any replacement is needed we can give you a clear break down of what is needed and a price quote.
5 Signs of Brake Wear
- If you can hear a grinding noise when applying the brakes your pads could be excessively worn and need to be replaced along with potentially damaged discs.
- If your vehicle pulls to one side when breaking, this usually means a sticking or seized mechanical or hydraulic component, normally the brake caliper.
- If your pedal feels spongy there could be air in the hydraulic system due to a brake fluid leak.
- If it pulsates when applying pressure you could have a distorted brake disc or drum.
- If your brake warning light is on or your handbrake is pulling up higher than it should (more than 6 to 8 clicks in modern cars).